Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Chapter 3:

It was one of the happiest days of my life, I loved every tiny detail about it. I loved that my family and friends were together, I loved that everyone was happy, and most of all my father was making my day extra special. I couldn’t even believe the surprises that day.

“Happy birthday toooo you...” the family sang in unison.

“Blow out the candles, sweety,” Mary beamed, she couldn’t believe it, her son was turning 7 today.

“Okay mom,” said Chris as he blew out the candles.

Chris was extremely happy he was wearing a black suit, a white shirt, and a red tie. He was so happy, his face was so lit up and his heart was so content. He thought that he was the happiest boy ever.


He ran over to the pile of gifts and sat on the floor next to them. He took the one at the bottom and all the others toppled over on top of him. He giggled happily and began to open the present.


“Mommy, what is it? What is it mommy?” he happily said as he tried to open the gift.

He smiled as he saw the corner of the Hot Wheels race pack. As he ripped the wrapping paper open, the pieces flew into the air, then fell down to the ground slowly.

He opened the box in less than a minute and was on the floor putting the parts together and avoiding Jadon’s little meddling hands, when he remembered the other gifts.


That day he went through all the gifts from friends and family, he spent time on his new Nintendo DSi and his Hot Wheels. He played on his Wii and his PS3 games that he got.


“Mom, dad, I love you,” he said that night as his mother tucked him into bed.

They smiled at him and left the room. Too excited to sleep, Chris got up moments later. He went to the kitchen, got a cup of water, and then tried to make himself a sandwich. He ate his peanut butter and jelly sandwich and went back to sleep, smiling.


Author's Note: Been busy, therefore lack of posts. I'll hopefully make up for it this weekend inshallah. Sorry.





4 comments:

  1. wth little man has a DSi Wii and PS3? Oh he's living the good life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly Imperfect: I Kno he's so lucky, I wish I was that lucky when I was a kid. XD

    ReplyDelete